OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) 2020
Deadline. 21 September, 2020
The OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) is a structured two-year program designed to prepare young professionals from the OPEC Fund’s member countries for a career in global development. The Young Professional Development Program will enable young professionals to develop an appreciation of how different departments/units contribute to the OPEC Fund’s overall strategic and operational goals. YPDP participants spend at least 50 per cent of the program in a ‘home’ department/unit and rotate to other departments for the remainder of their time. This enables participants to broaden their experience and benefit from differing coaching and mentoring styles while building their professional network.
The program equips young professionals with the skills and knowledge to meet the minimum requirements for an entry-level position with the OPEC Fund. After participants have successfully completed the two-year program, they may be offered a job at the OPEC Fund, based on their performance and the business need.
To be selected for the YPDP program, applicants must:
- be an OPEC Fund member country national;
- be 30 years of age, or younger;
- hold a Master’s degree;
- be able to demonstrate outstanding academic credentials;
- be fluent in English and proficient in at least one other language;
- specialize in engineering, economics, finance, business administration, law, information technology, human resources or any other discipline relevant to the OPEC Fund’s operations;
- be able to work in an international, multicultural and diverse environment;
- be willing to work with the OPEC Fund in Vienna for a minimum of two years upon completion of the YPDP, if offered a position.
For detailed information, please visit the official website.
LAWELS aims to provide readers with articles and cutting-edge thoughts written by lawyers working in various fields of practice. The blog also provides professionals of this area with legal news, legislation changes, useful information, legal insights and other relevant issues.